Art, creation, physics, the universe

So I'm in a physics class and I was reading my text book earlier when I had a realization based on something I'd always thought about but could never pin point what it was I was feeling.


I realized that what I am to do in life is to inspire others who are capable of creating something that I am not capable of doing myself. I will use my artistic and creative mind to suggest and imagine things that someone out there can take farther than I ever could.

I am thinking if I could make film, post illustrations or create games, give speeches, mingle with scientists and physicists and doctors or whoever else has the training and knowledge and know-how to make happen what it is I am seeing in my mind. I don’t know why I didn’t think of this sooner, I’ve done this with programmers for years in game design. I think up features and write it down in what I later was told is called “pseudo code”. Perhaps there is a “pseudo schematic” or “pseudo blueprint” that can be created via my own understanding of the universe and the way things work.

Literature and film has been doing this for years, I just listened to Astro Physicist Michio Kaku say that the film 2001 space odyssey inspired him to imagine an easier way to explore the universe via robotic probes that could recreate themselves as they land on moons. Video games have inspired military processes and technology like this as well.

Why couldn’t I spend my life from here on out imagining someone taking my idea, no matter how fantastical or strange it might be…and advancing society in some way with whatever it is I’m creating…why not…


I will have to keep this in mind as I advance in my career. I always believed that I was meant to do something other than just create art, that my being a designer had some sort of significance besides just for creating art. Maybe this is it…




No comments:

Post a Comment