Lost to the internet

I feel like I recently lost a good friend who I thought was different than their current behavior is showing them to be. I've worked with this "random" guy for years now and we've had a lot of good times and designed things together and he even helped me get a few jobs and I helped him get some jobs.

I recently started working with another friend of mine on a project that I had talked to them about before and thought it would end up being a fun project. My "random" friend and I were hanging out and I started talking to him about it. As it turns out the friend of mine whom I had decided to work on this project with was someone my "random" friend did not like. He explained to me how he disliked this person a bit but I didn't take it too seriously, just a friend being paranoid. Well not a week into the project my "random" friend decided to stop talking to me, blocked my emails, blocked me on skype, and removed me on the friends lists we were associated with each other on as well as delete anything on his online store that we worked on together and stopped answering phone calls.

All of that combined really kind of hurt me, one of my primary goals in life is to be good to people around me and when someone does this it makes me feel like I failed someone and since he won't talk to me I don't know what I did.

To make this worse, the last thing he said to me when I confronted him about this was and I'm paraphrasing because it was rather crude what he actually said, (I need to make money). I didn't realize our friendship was based on whether he could make money, I feel sorry for him now and I wish I could have helped him somehow.

Oh well...


Random dude feel free to talk to me again some day, I'll focus on my other friends and work projects for now. Hope all is well!


No comments:

Post a Comment